Simply Celebrate Life!
S’mores Backyard Roast!
Get the fire going and heat up some special treats!
S’mores are not just for camping anymore! These ooey gooey chocolatey delights can be made right in your backyard anytime of the year! So get the fire going, and roast those marshmallows for a perfect summer treat with family and friends!
A Roasted Invite
What better way to share the party news than with a REAL invite! Pop a marshmallow on a stick and attach a roasted invite (literally burned for the perfect effect). Your guests will know exactly what to expect at your party with this unique invite!
Edible S’mores Decor
Fill a vase with sticks for your guests to use as roasters. Top each stick with a marshmallow and let the party begin! It’s a simple decoration and stylish first impression but also a great way to display those roasters! Fun food presentation always makes it taste so much better!
There was no need to use any other decorations to fancy up this party, other than the food itself! All those shades of browns, tans, and whites worked perfectly to make our Smore’s backyard roast simple and just plain cute! OK, we did use a little brown ribbon and some fun brown chargers to help out just a little, but that was it!
Look at these JUMBO marshmallows. Of course, the ambitious Heidi, made homemade marshmallows that turned out super yummy!
If you would like to try and make your own Marshmallows… try out this great recipe at Epicurious!
We kept our S’mores party traditional with basic ingredients. However, we did provide chocolate graham crackers and Reese’s peanut butter cups for a little twist, along with some fun creative treats, inspired by S’mores of course!
Heidi played around with those 3 special ingredients: chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows… and look what she created!
Smore’s Pudding cups
Know your ingredients and inspiration and there is no limit to what you can create in the kitchen. For the record, these treats did not last long at our party so that goes to show they were a big delicious hit! For these S’mores inspired Pudding Cups … mix up your favorite Chocolate pudding (from scratch or a box). Divide into cute cups for serving, and slide in a couple pieces of graham cracker and a square of Hershey’s chocolate. Top with Mini Marshmallows. And the most fun and interesting part, torch the Marshmallows with a kitchen torch for that roasty, toasty Marshamallow!
S’mores Brownie Bites
For these little bites, I created a Graham Cracker crust by smashing about 1 package of crackers in a Ziploc bag. Then I tossed the crumbs with about 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1/4 cup melted butter. I pressed this crust mixture into the bottoms of a mini-muffin pan and baked them at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. I filled these little graham cracker tart shells with Chocolate Mousse (again, make some from scratch or whip up a box mix). Finally, top each with a few mini-marshmallows. Then I torched the tops with my Kitchen torch. Yummy!!
There’s always room for a nice cold glass of milk too! We used a tin bucket filled with ice to keep our drinks cold. Just before your party starts, place a few glasses in the freezer so your guests have a nice cold glass all night long!
Nothing sounds better than a nice cold milk shake to wash down those ooey gooey chocolatey s’mores. We just mixed in a blender: vanilla ice cream, milk, a couple of crumbled graham crackers, chocolate syrup, and a few roasted marshmallows. We dipped our glass rim with chocolate syrup, and graham cracker crumbs. We even drizzled a little chocolate syrup around the inside of the glass to make it even more fun, and appetizing! My favorite is the fun drink stick with roasted marshmallows!
S’more for Later
We sent our guests home with a treat for later. It was a sweet and special way to say ‘Thanks’ for attending our party. We had a hard time deciding on which mouthwatering S’mores dessert recipe to use since there are tons to choose from. In the end, we chose these S’mores bars because they were super yummy and looked great! Check out the recipe we found in a Family Circle Magazine!
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Crust: Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter in a small bowl until the dry ingredients are evenly moistened. Transfer the crumb mixture to a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan; press crumb mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan, pressing the crumbs evenly into the corners and along the sides of the pan. Refrigerate the crust until chilled and set.
3. Brownie: Combine the bittersweet chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe glass bowl or glass measuring cup. Heat chocolate mixture in a microwave oven on high until the chocolate and butter are melted, about 1 minute. Stir the chocolate mixture until smooth.
4. With a hand-held electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat together the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Reduce the speed to medium. While continuing to beat, gradually add the melted chocolate-butter mixture to the egg mixture; beat until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the side of the bowl occasionally.
5. Stir the flour and salt into the egg mixture. Then stir in the vanilla until smooth. Scrape the brownie mixture into the crust-lined baking pan; smooth the top level with a rubber spatula.
6. Bake in 350° F oven for 30 minutes or until the top is smooth and the center is set when gently pressed with fingertip.
7. Topping: While the brownie layer is baking, whisk together the marshmallow cream and the milk in a small bowl until the mixture is well blended and smooth.
8. Pour the marshmallow topping mixture over the brownie layer in the pan. Spread or tilt the pan to level the topping and cover the brownie layer completely.
9. Sprinkle the mini chocolate kisses evenly over the marshmallow topping. Then scatter the crumbled graham crackers all over the top.
10. Bake in 350° F oven for 3 minutes or until the chocolate kisses are glossy and the marshmallow topping is set. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Happy S’Mores everyone!